The Lost Trotting Parks Storyboard Archives

The Lost Trotting Parks Storyboard Archives

Friday, April 16, 2010

Cherryfield's Lost Trotting Park

Growing up I knew about Cherryfield, Maine! Carlton Willey was a major league baseball player who played for the Milwaukee Braves. Carlton was from Cherryfield. Now just a few years later, I revisit Cherryfield. However, this time for lost trotting parks. Last fall I called the Cherryfield town office. I was referred to Kathy Upton. Her time was limited and was unable to provide me with any information at the time. She would get to it later in the year. Time passed and I called Kathy this past week. Kathy stated that she would get down to the historical society and see what was available. Today when I opened my G-Mail account there was an e-mail from Kathy with 25 items attached. Kathy, thank you for taking the time to share these images of the Cherryfield Trotting Park. These images may be viewed at the Cherryfield Historical Society. The earliest program is dated 1894. In the near future, I will do additional work to identify the horseman and key players who made the Cherryfield Fair possible.





No comments:

Post a Comment