The Lost Trotting Parks Storyboard Archives

The Lost Trotting Parks Storyboard Archives

Monday, May 31, 2010

Wyman Park -- Ellsworth, Maine

This weekend Libby and I visited Bar Harbor to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary. On our way back I entered Fairgrounds Road, Ellsworth, Maine into our car's GPS. We drove to the end of Fairgrounds Road. At the road's end we could see that the road unpaved continued into the woods. I believe the road is actually the track of Wyman Park. As I ventured down the road I found old foundation posts that could have supported the grandstands or another building on the fairgrounds. Little is known of Wyman Park's history. If you have any information regarding Wyman Park, please contact Stephen Thompson at lifework50@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment