The Lost Trotting Parks Storyboard Archives

The Lost Trotting Parks Storyboard Archives

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Stephen D. Thompson -- A Retrospective

Today I was working up on the third floor of our barn preparing for what we hope will be the last garage sale. This one may be the biggest. I opened a suitcase and found Thompson family pictures. There were my baby proofs -- the poses not chosen and perhaps my favorite picture. I am often asked how I got into the Lost Trotting Parks Project. Years ago, my cousin Clark and I were playing in the rock pile beyond the hay field across the road from his house. Somehow we decided that when we got old enough we would move to Texas and run a horse farm. Clark and I never made it to Texas. Clark did act on his passion for horses. At one time he owned a trotting horse and actually drove his trotter in a race at the Northern Maine Fair. Clark got me involved with his Waterville based research tied to the horse Nelson and the fairgrounds of the North Kennebec Agricultural Society. We never made it to Texas. However, we do share this passion tied to the age of "When the Horse was King." The following storyboard best describes my passionate awakening!


No comments:

Post a Comment