The Lost Trotting Parks Storyboard Archives

The Lost Trotting Parks Storyboard Archives

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Birch Grove Park -- One of Maine's Lost Trotting Parks -- Newport, Maine

When I scanned Bruce Nelson's photo postcards back in December, I was surprised to see a postcard of Newport's lost trotting park. I had known of its existence, but had not made efforts to do any research. Today I called the Newport Cultural Center to see if there might be information. I spoke with its director, Leigh Hallett. Again to my surprise I discovered from this conversation that the track still existed. More research to be done! The two storyboards of this post provide us with a view from yesterday and today.




The track's length was approximately 1,058 feet and its width 470 feet.


No comments:

Post a Comment